Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jesus and the Other

Jesus regards the other not as other, but as brother or sister. All people are the children of God, with Jesus as our brother, and God as our Father.

Jesus, the Son of God, shows the Father's love for all people, no matter who they are. Look how He treats those His society deems as the other: the sick and broken, Gentiles, the demon-possessed, prostitutes, and others sinners. Loving them, He shows them God's favor, welcomes them to His table, often literally, and invites them to receive new life through faith in and fellowship with Him.

Who are those I treat as others, and how is the Living Jesus Christ calling me to reach out to them, showing them the unconditional love of God, which I know for myself in Jesus Christ?

Lord, show me the other and help me to treat that person not as the other, but as my brother or sister, beloved of the Father in Heaven, for I, Lord, am the other, and yet you love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've expressed my thoughts. Now, express yours. Thanks.